Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Hanging

With Dan gone, it's quiet.

I work about 40 hours a week at ASU. I run home on my lunch breaks and right after work to take Coopy out. We walk around the complex, but he hates the heat so we don't stay outside long. I bought him a new bone that he's completely obsessed with. Sometimes we swing by Tyler's house to take Ella to the dog park with us.

I have a new hobby in rock climbing. I had gone sporadically since the beginning of May since Amy and Paul introduced us to the rock gym, but with Dan gone thought it would be a good idea to try out a month membership. Gives me something to do, and with my friend Kate. I totally love it. I love that it has nothing to do with school or ASU, I love that it's not music related. I love that I am enjoying something that is so good for me! I feel happy, accomplished, and fantastic when I leave the rock gym. It's taken 25 years for me to find a form of exercise that I enjoy, and I am thrilled. I am looking forward to having Dan join me, if he wants to, when he gets back in August.

I'm trying not to eat out too much. I'm trying to stay relatively healthy. So far, it's been okay. But it's probably not helping that I usually watch "The Great British Baking Show: Master Class" while I eat most of my meals. I have a list of shows I was hoping to watch, but I can't give up the pleasantness of that show! (Mary + Paul Hollywood 4EVER)

It's nice to go run errands whenever I need to, to make plans with friends and appointments whenever there's time. To go to bed as early as I want, and be as lazy as I want. But I really, really miss having Dan around. It's not that I can't be apart from him--obviously I can. It's not that it's difficult to take care of the dog by myself--although, that is difficult. It's that, you know, he's my partner. My teammate. I feel like my better half is MIA. Coming home to an empty apartment as opposed to Dan on the couch is a huge bummer. I'm grateful that, for now, it's just a month (more like 3-ish weeks at this point, woohoo!)

I'm feeling a little melancholy lately. I feel a little off. Almost, like, aimless, despite my lengthy to-do list. I am really happy, but also worried, stressed, and sad. (For the record, you can be burdened with anxiety and still be happy.)

Summer can be confusing, refreshing, relaxing, and anxiety-inducing all at once. I think that's okay. I know it's natural to have all of these feelings. That doesn't mean I like it, but it is what it is.

Here are two photos that Dr. G took of me for my soon-to-be-published new website. So odd being on the other side of the lens, but G is a great sport!
Happy Summertimes,
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...