Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The State of Things on My 25th Birthday

I've said and written this before, but this year had a lot of really difficult moments. More than I care to admit. Two steps forward, four steps back type of moments. Even the week leading up to yesterday just wasn't so great, I dunno.

I wasn't too excited about this birthday. I made plans because I felt like I should, like I might feel disappointed if I didn't. I'm happy I did, don't get me wrong, but I was definitely not even a little bit as excited as I have been in pretty much every other year of my life. Dan said it's "because you're an adult".

But honestly, despite the lower moments, my life is so good. I am so fortunate, I feel so loved, and I love the people in my life so very much. I am so grateful to have Dan as my partner, because life with him is beautiful. And it gets better everyday.

I ended up having a wonderful day, full of my smushy puppy, Dan, and friends. It was a lot of fun.



So. The state of things, today, on my 25th birthday.

- I am working 9-4 everyday at my desk job in the School of Music. My back hurts and my eyes are tired, but I like the people I work with so I'm good.

- Dan and I are going on a 4-day cruise at the end of June! Leaving out of LA and going to Catalina Island and the West Coast of Mexico. I've never been on a cruise! We're both really excited. We booked it at the beginning of May, it's almost torturous having to wait until the end of June. Really, really excited.

- This summer, unlike previous years, the only other traveling I have planned is 1 week in Orlando for this year's ClarinetFest. Last year, our whole studio went to perform; this year, I go by my own volition. My friends and teachers are performing and this past school year I made so many professional connections (and friends) that I hope to continue by going to ClarinetFest. Our community is pretty amazing, and it's going to be a really fun week. Another perk is that it's close to home, so I can see my parents! And there may be a trip to Harry Potter World in there somewhere too...Win/Win/Win

Now, I'm 25 years old. I live with my boyfriend and we have a dog. I wake up early, go to work, come home. Sometimes I practice on my lunch break and after work sometimes I take the dog to the park, if it's not too hot. (it's pretty hot already, but we make it work). One day I just woke up and realized that this is my life and that I am so happy.

I'm excited about the state of things. Excited to see what this year and the future will bring.

Thank you for reading :)
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...