Sunday, April 30, 2017

On Ending a Bizarre School Year

Oh my gosh, I am so happy to be done with this year. I turned in my last paper, taught my last lessons, and I made it to Florida right to see family and friends and watch my sister GRADUATE from college it's fine I totally didn't cry at all.

This year was so tough. I don't even know specifically what it was, but for everyone I've talked to this seems to be the case. Obviously there has been a lot of social tension across the country and maybe that seeped into academia as well. No joke I had at least three panic attacks. It was really, really difficult. I am terribly glad it's over.

But.

Some of my favorite people in the entire world will be leaving ASU and Tempe and it makes me so sad that it's kind of amazing I don't just burst out in tears like every afternoon. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when they're gone. I'll have to make some new friends I guess (ugh when will it end! just kidding). 

Anyway, only ONE YEAR OF SCHOOL LEFT before exams and dissertation and then Dr whatever. So trust me, I understand how lucky I am. I really 100% do. I love my life and what I get to do everyday, I love my boyfriend so very much, I love my friends, my family, and my puppy. I am very, very happy. I just struggle with anxiety, and that's okay.

So don't mind me while I grapple with humidity and snuggle Joon for the next week. And I have photos from graduation to share within the next few days! 
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...