Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Grand Canyon National Park

We took a trip to the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend over spring break (post-recital! woo!) with Rebecca and Kyle. This was the first time I met Kyle! He's from Michigan so our visits to Florida have yet to overlap, but I'll see them both in April for Bec's graduation!
Dan met the three of us after one day so he could play a gig, so on day one I was playing third wheel. We stopped at the Desert Watchtower and then hiked part of the South Kaibab trail (to "Ooh Aah Point"!)
It's indescribable. 
On day two, I made everyone stop for a picture at the National Park sign and lo and behold, it's blurry. Surprise.
When the full gang was assembled, we did the Bright Angel Trail down to the Indian Garden. 4.5 miles down, 4.5 miles up. The first (and last) 1.5 miles were icy. We may have fallen a couple times, except Dan who is a mountain goat apparently.
I am not athletic. I may have said "I'm dying" and "I can't do it" a few or more times on the way back up. I was in SO MUCH PAIN, no joke my hips were hurting terribly (and still are, tbh). I made Dan hold my hand and practically drag me up the mountain for short periods of time. I'm proud of myself for getting back up to the top but good lord I don't ever want to do it again. My face in the below photos is me pretending to be okay.
This will genuinely be a trip to the Grand Canyon that I will never forget. Next up: Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...