Monday, November 14, 2016

But,

It's been a hard week for a lot of people. It's been a sad week. This past week was the anniversary of both my Grandma Lillian's and my Papa's passing. This week our country had a rude awakening. This week I was scared and confused and exhausted from the weight of "what have we done?"


But, I had a great weekend. I took time to bond with my boyfriend. I tried to avoid the anxiety that has been building all semester. I succeeded, for these past few days. I'm more optimistic now than I imagined I could be before. It feels good.

I know there are good people in the world, because I personally have so many of them in my life. You name the type of person, and I know a good one. I'm lucky.

But, I wish we were all so lucky.

It's hard to be optimistic. But,

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” 
– Barack Obama

I don't know what to do, or what I am going to do. But, I have loved ones whom I would do anything to protect. So, I will. I will fill my world with hope. And you should too.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...