Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Family Photos

Last Saturday, July 23rd, was my Mom's birthday! I've had the pleasure of being with her on her past two birthdays, and this year we were ALL together and it was loud and crazy and wonderful.
I love them so much
SO MUCH!
Look at this guy. I can not tell you how thankful I am that he came to my Papa's unveiling ceremony. I have never felt so loved. Even though I cried a lot because I miss my Papa.
AND MY BECCA BOO! I miss her already UUGGGHHHHH too short of a time with her and our cousins and grandma. I'm glad to be home but I miss my crazy family.

Now are you ready to hear about my trip from hell (#2 this summer)? Okay, so.

I was supposed to travel back to Phoenix on Monday. The first leg of my trip was delayed, and then cancelled, but I was rebooked on a direct flight so I was like, dope. We good, JetBlue. It was early though, so I sat in the airport for over 4 hours. And then the flight was delayed. And delayed. And again. And then we changed gates, three more delays, changed gates again, now it's 1:30AM and the flight is CANCELLED. AT 1:30 IN THE MORNING.

I call JetBlue, and the next earliest flight out to Phoenix is Thursday. They tell me to call back in the morning to see if they have anything sooner (mind you, it technically IS the morning). My saint of a mother, whose alarm was set for 3AM btw, so SHE could get to the airport for her own flight home, wakes up and come picks me up. I am so tired and angry that I spent almost 12 hours in JFK that I am crying almost hysterically on the drive home. My poor Momma. Obviously, I crash when we get home.

My Mom, meanwhile, goes to the airport at 5:30AM for HER flight, and harasses the JetBlue people into getting me on a Wednesday afternoon flight. She calls me to tell me this and I am so tired and drowsy that she said it was like talking to a dead person.

I wake up at 8:30AM to call JetBlue, just in case, but no, there are no flights available until the flight that my Mom got me onto. I go back to sleep. I spend the day with my Grandma. We eat Kosher Chinese food.

Both legs of my Wednesday trip were ALSO DELAYED by at least an hour each. So I had another 12 hour travel day. It was freaking horrible.

And then I woke up to work 8AM-5PM. The end. Unpleasant end to an otherwise wonderful trip.
A photo of us with cousins to take it home, THANKS FOR READING!

Tomorrow morning bright n early the entire ASU Clarinet Studio is flying to Lawrence, Kansas for ClarinetFest 2016! I don't know what to expect but I'm sure it will be a time.

See you on the other side. Professor of Ranting, over and out.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...