Thursday, June 9, 2016

Where I Am (For Now, Anyway)

I'm in Chestertown, Maryland at the National Music Festival! I've actually been here for a week, if you didn't already know via Facebook or Instagram. I'm here with friends from FSU (new and old) and am reunited/living in a DORM, yes a dorm, with my best-friend-sister Rachel.
We're rehearsing and performing on and around the campus at Washington College. It's quite beautiful. The town is quaint, the people are so kind. The weather has been unreal (when it's not raining--it IS the east coast, after all).
Some of our old/new friends are staying with a host family who have the most glorious property I've ever been invited to enjoy. It is blissful. After rehearsals the past few days, we've gone back there with our friends Adam and Nathan to hammock and kayak and canoe. They have dogs (one a puppy!) and cats! I mean it's too good to be true.
Hey, Mom!
We saw deer, a fox, a raccoon, bunnies, and blue jays on or around their property. I took my Nikon and got some great photos that I'll share later on. (Not sure why all of my photos look pixelated--they aren't pixelated before I put them in a post, so I have no idea what's going on--do they look messed up to you, too??)

It's been a blast making new friends and being around friends that I already know so well. When we all get together, it's like we never left FSU. Even the long rehearsals are insanely fun. Great orchestra repertoire (Beethoven 9 and Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique!) and great musicians.

Looking forward to the rest of this week, next, and then spending some time with Logan in DC!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...