Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016, so far

I rang in the new year back in Arizona with friends, some new and some old. There were sparklers involved, so you know it was fun.

I spent the first day of January with my guy, playing Settlers of Catan (a gift from him! and a new watch that is super cute! he's ridiculously good at gifts), eating bagels, drinking wine.

Said guy found out that I own a crock pot and freaked out, so we promptly began using it. We made honey sriracha chicken and then beef stew. Both were very delicious, though I'm partial to my Mom's beef stew recipe ;)

My mom is still in the hospital. There were complications during recovery that led to another surgery...trying not to stress that I'm on the other side of the country and can't take care of her, but I know she's in good hands. Hoping for the best, as always.

We played pool, we saw The Hateful Eight, we went on walks, we practiced. We start school in a week.

Even when life is hard, life is good.
(I regularly have to stop myself from gushing, even with the difficult things, which is how you know you got it good)

Above picture from my Instagram • Happy 2016, friends
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...