Monday, August 10, 2015

London Tourists, Part I

In London, we turned up the tourism. On the first day we walked all around by Buckingham Palace, Parliament and Big Ben, the Portrait Gallery, and other miscellaneous touristy things (of which there are many).
Added bonus: our hotel had wine and cheese and pastries every. evening.
A bunch of these photos I stole from my Momma, and as you can see I am significantly more comfortable being behind the camera than in front of it.

We spent our third day in London at the Tower of London, which used to be a prison. This is where Ann Boleyn was imprisoned, and on the green in the middle her head was chopped off in one fell swoop. Morbid, but very cool, no?
The Tower of London is also home to the Crown Jewels--I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY DIAMONDS IN MY LIFE, WOW. Stunning doesn't even do it justice. (also we had some delicious ice cream)
Another very kind American family took our picture in front of the Tower Bridge.

On our last day, we went to Abbey Road and saw Abbey Road Studios. Did I mention how touristy we were? (this is my favorite picture of my Momma)
It was really crowded, and there isn't a stoplight at all so we just had to wait until there was a break in traffic to run across the street, yes it is as weird as it sounds. But, Abbey Road is one of my top favorite albums ever, so. Worth it for this dork. Actually I kind of wish we had been able to tour the studio.

So in between these days, we went to the Warner Brothers Studio where all eight Harry Potter movies were filmed. I'm not joking. My life is complete. I didn't cry, but I have cried about it since, no I'm not embarrassed. Okay, a little embarrassed. Anyway, I have so many photos that it'll have to be a separate post. GET EXCITED!
xx

1 comments:

  1. isn't London just a dream?! even the touristy things just feel magical!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...