Monday, August 31, 2015

Kitschy Friday

Last Friday--well, two Fridays ago now--I met up with my friend Yadira to check out this plant shop she'd been telling me about every time I saw her at work. Camelback Flowershop is SO CUTE that I felt like a bull in a china shop. I didn't want to ruin anything, it was all so perfect.
They have the most beautiful freezer, I know it's a weird thing to say but they really do. It's all black with this beautiful glass door, it looks like the fancy closet of my dreams.
Some Fridays they have "happy hour" where they offer samples and limited amounts of tiny pastries (I tried a prickly pear macaron--WOULD RECOMMEND) and fancy tea lattes. It was extremely indulgent and I was a little more than excited, even if I didn't know what to do with myself. Also, the owner of the shop looks like a model, I feel like that's worth mentioning?
If I were less poor, I would be there all the time.

Yadira then directed us to Flower Child which is f-ing delicious. Get the mac and cheese and the sweet potatoes, so good! Best sweet potatoes of my life no joke.
One thing that I like a lot about Yadira is that if she wants to take a pretty picture, she will do whatever she wants to do to get that pretty picture. Sometimes I'm self conscious about taking photos, which is dumb. All this to say, thank you for all the pictures Yadira! I think I took two of the pictures in this entire post. Go team.

It was a fun Friday afternoon, and I look forward to doing more stuff like this and actually bringing my damn camera!!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...