Saturday, April 25, 2015

Slices of Life

Hello, friends. It's been a while since I posted, eh? I've been so busy/tired/stressed, it's amazing my head is still attached to my body. So I have for you photos from my iPhone from the past month or so. Starting with Mintsy's beautiful recital (and my favorite picture of the three of us!!). And that day Wen and I showed up to school matching unintentionally.
Other things of note: we had a clarinet choir concert at the Tempe Center of the Arts last week (I think it was last week?) That venue is so beautiful. I take photos of people there all the time, it's perfect. I want to have a recital there!

I also tried Korean food last week, so good. (and tried out a middle part, but that's neither here nor there)
The BIG thing from last week is that Dana and I snuck out of Tempe and drove to Tucson to see Newsies!!!! You may recall that I saw Newsies over the summer (it's true, I did). While it was fabulous on Broadway, I was not sooo enamored with it. However, Dana loves Newsies. And I love Dana, so I agreed to go with her. And BOY AM I GLAD I DID. It was fantastic.
The show was on campus at the University of Arizona. Their campus is beautiful! It reminds me a lot of a combination of the University of Florida and FSU. I kept saying how it looks like Florida.
Our seats were not amazing (we couldn't see facial features at all, it's fine), but we could clearly see all of the dancing and hear every word so it was perfect for us. BECAUSE THE DANCING! Oh, the dancing! Be still my heart.

And then. Then, we met the Newsies.
Most of them are super young and probably definitely gay, but they are all beautiful and muscular (because, dancing) and adorable. Turns out it's quite difficult to formulate coherent sentences when you're fangirling like crazy. I essentially forced Dana to take a picture with some of them (you're welcome, Dana). The first picture is the guy who plays Davey (who has a phenomenal voice).
In this one, the little kid is obviously Les (Davey's younger brother) and on the far right, (WITH HIS ARM AROUND ME?!?) is Jack Kelly. Yes, he is beautiful. No, I'm not sure why I'm standing like that.

Anyway, it's been a time, the past few weeks. Not always easy, sometimes really shitty, but extremely rewarding. I'm cynical, but I'm happy ;)
xx

P.S. Rebecca is coming to Tempe in a few weeks!!!!!! More on that later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...