Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye and Good Riddance, 2014...

Let's call 2014 "The Bipolar Year". A year of some of the highest highs and lowest lows of my young adult life. Possibly the toughest year of my life thus far. And I made it through. And I am proud of myself. But I am also very glad that it is over.

Let's recap, shall we? Cause that's what I do.

- Grad school auditions. ASU, UT Austin, UMich, and CU Boulder. We all know how these turned out, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Pacing!

- Spring break at home.

- Chicago with Reedefine! Part I, Part II (some of my favorite photos and one of my favorite trips ever)
- I never posted about my senior recital. Frankly, I couldn't stomach it. But I ended up posting the links to some recordings here.

- The first of many big life changes.

- Photos from my graduation from FSU!
- Summer in Florida: Mother's Daysunflower maze, Rachel and Jordan's party.
- I turned 22.

- Apartment hunting in Tempe!

- Summer in NYC: part I, II, III, IV, and V.
- July 4th! With some of my favorite people! Whom I have missed terribly. (hi guys) (but I'm with Rachel now so life is good)

- Then! I moved. Across the country, no big deal. Road trip with mom, part I, II, and III.
- I adopted my Bug! I love that little fur ball of terror so much. Look how little she was!!! She is the best little snuggler and cutest demon ever.
- I shared peeks of my apartment. Since then it has been affectionately and accurately coined the "bitch cave".

- I got a tattoo!
- Then, I started graduate school. As a masters student. And a teaching assistant. Who even am I.

- I bought a ukulele, went to Oktoberfest, wrote about my health improvements. I met a ton of beautiful, wonderful people.

- I got a car!!!!
- Dressed up for Halloween for the first time in forever and had a bangin' time.

- I got a part-time job at one of my favorite stores.

- We lost my Grandma Lillian (somedays I still can't believe that), and we celebrated her in New Jersey.
- Thanksgiving with Dad. Las Vegas. Cirque du Soleil.
- I ended my first semester of graduate school with a 4.0 GPA and an A jury. Not too shabby, if ya ask me.

- Went back to New York for a few weeks of winter break. Probably you've seen these recently but: seeing friends, Grandma Joanne's surprise party, window watching, and a sister date.
- And now I'm in Boston, with some of my best friends, ringing in 2015.

I never really stick to "resolutions", so I hesitate to even use that word. Maybe "goals" is more appropriate? I'm pretty okay when it comes to goals, and this year I want to keep them realistic (every year I say I'm going to cook more and I never do, so screw that "resolution").

My goals for 2015:
- Say "thank you" more (i.e. let people know when/that I am grateful for them)
- Stop apologizing for things that I don't need to apologize for
- Take more risks in my social, academic, and professional life
- Take more photos
- Travel
- Keep better in touch with far away friends
- Call my family at least once a week, every week
- Play a kick ass recital
- Embrace self-confidence
Lastly, and possibly most importantly, I am beyond grateful for the people in my life; really there are no words to express how lucky I feel on a regular basis for having the friends and family that I have. I am grateful to have maintained my sense of humor and general demeanor, and I am grateful for where I am and where I am going. I must say, despite everything, I am extremely proud of the woman that I am today.

Happy New Year! Cheers to 2015 being as bad-ass as possible.
xx

P.S. Though they feel like an eternity ago and life is entirely different now...2012 and 2013.

1 comments:

  1. GEEEZ. I went through that roller coaster all over again with you! BIG HUGS and a HIGH FIVE! you are a complete rockstar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...