Wednesday, September 24, 2014

On My First Concert As A Graduate Student

Celeste, Kelly, me, and Abby

Last night I played in Gammage Auditorium for the first time, for my first concert at ASU. Oh man, it was so fun! We played a couple of pieces with choir, I played principal on two pieces (not as cool as it sounds--don't get too hyped over it), and we finished it off with Til Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks (I played 2nd) (p.s. my friend Celeste killed it on Eb clarinet). I have very fond memories of learning these clarinet excerpts for class with Dr. Kowalsky back in my junior year of college, it was such a great experience getting to play it in orchestra!

Anyway, I had such a blast, can you tell? My first orchestra concert since last Fall with UPO at Florida State! Although I will always miss playing with those people and Dr. J, last night's concert was a nice reminder as to why I'm here; I love playing in orchestra. It's the best. What a way to start the new year, as Rosh Hashanah starts tonight! 

L'Shana Tova to my Jewish friends, and happy practicing to my music friends ;)
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...