Wednesday, June 25, 2014

City Daze

For a few days, I was in the city by myself for the whole day or at least part of it. And I often didn't carry my camera because, as you can tell by this beast of a post, I had already taken so many photos. And that thing can get heavy when you're walking all day.

Anyway, on Monday, after walking literally all over the city with a friend from high school (he is the best tour guide and it was so worth the foot pain, by the way), I made it to the MoMA to browse a few floors and say hello to some of my favorite paintings.
I have so many pictures of paintings on my iPhone, I just included the ones I figured most people would care about, but then again what do I know.
Tuesday we spent traipsing around 30 Rock/Radio City (as you can see, obviously. Duh, Olivia) until the taping of Late Night With Seth Meyers. And train riding. The Long Island Railroad and I are best buds by now.
And Wednesday was the matinee of If/Then and, guys, I was so close to Anthony Rapp before the show as he walked into the theater. I could have touched him or gotten a photo with him, but I was so surprised that I just stood there and stared. But then after the show, I got this picture and his autograph so it's all good.
LaChanze, who was hilarious, and Charles Haggerty, handsomest of men. (He's signing my Playbill in this picture, that is how close to his face I was.)

I was fangirling so hard, I just get really excited about musicals.
And after the show on Wednesday, I met up with a friend from Birthright. Oh, Reuben! Thank you dragging me around to a part of the city I had not yet been and introducing me to the best corned beef sandwich I've had in New York (Zingerman's in Michigan is still my favorite tho) and serving as witness as I drank an entire beer for the first time (it was peachy, and thus relatively delicious) and giving me insight into what goes on inside the brains of young men.

It was a fun, fun time. A whirlwind of fun-ness. I feel like this post is just a repeat of my Instagrams post, but it's my blog and I'll beat a dead horse if I want to! (I am sorry for using that cliché, though)

In my next post, I shall barrage you with photos of baseball at Yankee Stadium. Prepare your eyeballs.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...