Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Instagrammed Life (+ A HUGE "Thank You")

I was completely overwhelmed by the kind, thoughtful responses I got from this post the other night. I was really nervous to post something so personal so publicly, and maybe the post was only so popular because everyone loves a bit of gossip, but my honesty was totally rewarded. Thank you all for your messages and comments. They made me smile, they made me laugh, they made me tear up, but most importantly they made me feel loved, and I know that I am not alone (even if it often feels that way).

I'm not really hesitant to be open about everything that's going on. I'm not ashamed of being dumped, or of how I felt for someone who is now being a selfish ass. There's no point in feeling that way about it. Sure, I'm hurt and I've been rejected and cast aside by someone who was very important to me...and no, that doesn't feel good...and no, I probably won't feel "good" for a long time...but I'll probably continue to write about it, in my own way. And it's his life too, so I'm trying to be respectful of that while still being very honest here. Seems ridiculous, even as I write it, but there it is and that's just the way I am. But I think the Internet could use a bit more honesty instead of just painting a pretty picture of my life, when that's simply not accurate for me anymore. And if my little bit of honesty can help someone else feel like they're not alone either, then I'm doing something right. Right?

Anyway. I'm glad to be back to blogging. I've missed sharing bits of my life for my friends and family near and far. So, Instagrams (except one of these) from the last few weeks at FSU. Follow along here.

You are all loved. Thank you for making me feel loved, too.
xx

1 comments:

  1. we've missed you! welcome back..its been so long..you look great..so fresh..so free..must be that one less dbag weight. ok, that was too much. i take it back. heh

    but seriously. how adorable are you and your sister!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...