Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ode to the Birthday Boy

***WARNING: this will be very, very cheesy.***
Today, John, you turn 22. A seemingly insignificant age, but you've come a long way since we met when we were 18. In a lot of ways you're exactly the same, and in a lot of ways you're a completely different person. It's funny how that works, isn't it?

(At this point you're probably shaking your head. "Olivia, you're ridiculous, what are you even talking about." Bear with me.)

I think I loved you from the very beginning. We had a rocky beginning, and I wasn't myself around you at first, but in the almost 3 years we've been together you've helped me become the best version of myself. Sure I can be insanely emotional, but I've never been able to love myself or another as much as I do now. And I hope that I've helped you in that way, too.

Even though we often argue, get frustrated, what to punch something, and/or get annoyed with one another...I wouldn't have it any other way. You are one of the best parts of my life and you mean the world to me. I love you with all my heart, and I hope that you know that.

So happy birthday, my love, my best friend, my favorite person. I hope this year, and every year to come, is filled with wonderful things for you. You deserve it more than anyone I know.

Love,
Olivia
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...