Wednesday, February 12, 2014

For A Future Home, Part V

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

I like the idea of a "living room" being a welcoming place that can easily be used for anything from doing homework and editing, to watching tv and movies or entertaining friends. 

I think we can see a pattern here, for me...I gravitate towards bright, white spaces that allow a lot of room for mixing it up and creativity through statement pieces. I don't think I would ever go so far as to get a white couch, too much room for mess, but I can't deny that they are beautiful.

White walls and generally "bland" furnishings would allow me to decorate with prints, photos, post cards, cute pillows, blankets and rugs, interesting lamps, and side tables. But I have to say, the idea of having one or more pitch black walls is suuuper appealing to me (and John agrees!). It's just as neutral as white, but it POPS!

And no room in my future home will be without a few plants, of course :)

Previous posts can all be found under the "future home" tab! You can also follow along on Pinterest.
xx

1 comments:

  1. ugh. i'm swooning over all of these. particularly numero 8.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...