Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Over the Weekend // Tempe, AZ

I had a really fantastic weekend in Tempe, AZ, auditioning at Arizona State University, hanging out with my friend Audrey (who was kind enough to let me sleep on her couch), and playing with Audrey's bird, Scuttle. Scuttle is an adorable and extremely friendly bird, by the way.

I've never spent a ton of time out west, and I've got to say...I love it out there. I think I belong out west. What with the lack of rain (I hate rainy days), the generally spacious nature of the city, and the cacti just growing everywhere...my kind of town.

After my audition on Saturday, Audrey and I went out to the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix. Tempe is really close to Phoenix, so it wasn't a far drive and it was SO WORTH IT. It was amazing. They had a Chihuly exhibit in, too, so there were glass sculptures all throughout the gardens, amidst the cacti. (if you click that link to his website, it's right on the first page!)

And so, approximately one million photos of cacti and glass can be found by scrolling down. Forever.
^ my favorite sculpture ^^ my favorite plant. I love the blooms ^^ desert wildflowers are so small and colorful ^

If you got through all of those photos, you rock. I am so thankful for weekends like this and for kind people like Audrey, her sister Whitney, Dr. Spring, and Dr. Gardner. 

I can't wait to go to Austin this weekend with Chris and Allison!! You can follow along as I go on my grad school audition adventures on my Instagram, and when I'm bored waiting for planes I tweet a lot.
xx

1 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see cacti in bloom. The Suarough ( I know is not the correct spelling of for really tall cacti) only grow in the Arizona desert.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...