Monday, December 30, 2013

Au Revoir, 2013...

What a year, man. Sometimes I found myself thinking this year would never end, but here we are. It was a rough one at times, though I suppose what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? (that's what I'm telling myself, shh)

Even with some unpleasantness, there were a lot of good things that happened. Without further ado, the good and the bad from 2013...
- I had a lot of health problems in the beginning of the year, which I talked about in this post. It's taken a while but we're working on it and slowly it IS getting better.

- John, Chris and Allison allllll turned 21 in February. Whoop! (here and here)
- Rebecca and I went to NYC for Spring Break.

- I played my Junior Recital.
- Then, suddenly, junior year was over?!?!

- Dr. Kowalsky retired. Everyday I wish he was still at FSU, we miss him big time.

- John left for the whole summer, which sucked so much it's not even funny.

- I went to the zoo with Mom!

- I turned 21.
- Rebecca graduated high school! (here and here)
- This happened. Yay! and also, yikes.

- We went to Savannah, GA for a few days. (here and here)
- My bestie from Birthright came to visit.

- I worked at this day camp for too damn long.

- Fourth of July with Mom was dope.

- THEN! I went to Europe and it straight up blew my mind.
- I moved into my new apartment. And, puppy roommate!

- Senior year of college started off with a bang.

- John and I celebrated 2 years. Side note, this is still the cutest.
- I started doing this more often.

- We got me a pumpkin!
- This weekend was amazing, as was this Saturday.

- My reed quintet played an awesome recital.

- I applied to graduate school! I'll be posting about that sometime soon :)

- I went to Georgia with John for Thanksgiving, and it was wonderful.
- Hanukkah shenanigans. (here and here)

- Dream come true.
- I launched a new online photography portfolio.

- I spent another wonderful Christmas with the Thomases :)

I seriously love looking back on all the amazing things that I've been a part of this year. Even though sometimes I wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry my brains out, I know that I am so lucky. And that I truly have the most wonderful, beautiful people in my life.

Specifically...
John. Thank you for sticking with me, I love you so much. And Mom, Dad, Rebecca, ALL of my friends, I couldn't do it without you. I'm just so thankful I could BURST.

Some resolutions:
- Cook more
- Challenge myself with my photography business
- Relax
- Learn more about plants/nurseries
- Get a summer job
- Kick ass at my grad school auditions

Happy New Year, friends. I'm so thankful for you, too.
Last year in review, here!
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...