Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkins

I never cared much for pumpkins before...I always talk the big talk during Halloween Season: "Yeah we should DEFINITELY carve pumpkins this year!", I say, and I never follow through. Probably because pumpkins are BEAUTIFUL. I don't want to defile them! Not to say that carved pumpkins aren't great, because they are. But I'm not artistic in that way and frankly...I'm lazy. I just want to feel the cool pumpkin-skin in my hands and have my pumpkin greet me when I walk into my bedroom.

All this to say, we went to a pumpkin patch. And it made me really happy and smiley, as with all of my recent encounters with plants.

The Universe is trying to tell me something, I swear. Everything happening in my life is The Universe telling me to go, buy a million plants, open a nursery, take photos, teach clarinet lessons, be happy.

Someday I'll listen, Universe. Until then, I'll have pleasant afternoons picking out plants (and pumpkins) for my personal collection.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...