Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Adventures in Cooking

It's been a while since I've done one of these posts...or since I've cooked, if I'm being honest...but I've been meaning to post about this kugel for a while now.

I made this for Rosh Hashanah and had friends over, and it was so good. I was sooo proud of myself. It was much more involved than most (but not all) of my previous cooking endeavors. But if you have a bit of a sweet tooth, this is perfect for you. Not quite a dessert, but like having dessert for dinner, kinda.

What you'll need for Applesauce Kugel:
1/2 lb. of medium or fine egg noodles
1 cup of golden raisins
1 tblsp. of lemon juice
4 tblsp. of margarine
1/2 cup of sugar
3 eggs, beat well
1 cup of applesauce

Cook the noodles, then drain.
Add margarine to hot noodles and mix well.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Spray an 8x8 pan with cooking spray (if you are doubling the recipe, use a 9x13 pan)
Top with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
If you try this, hope you like it. Let me know!
xx

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...