Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts on Achieving Goals

Photo via, with words added by me.

Today was an awesome day.

Every semester, we have ensemble auditions. I set goals for myself, I practice a lot, I get nervous, I don't do as well as I can, and I get close but am always a bit shy of my goals.

Not this semester. This semester, I did it. My goals were to move up into Wind Orchestra and become a principal in UPO, and I did it. I'm not trying to brag, but I am really, really proud of myself.

My Mom once read that quote (above) in the newspaper and then said it to us in every applicable situation. Finally, it makes complete sense. Nothing but hard work turns a goal into reality. It feels really great to have success in an area I've been working on for a while and to have my hard work recognized in the way I was hoping it would be. I am hoping this is a sign of more good things to come throughout this last year of my undergrad.

For now, I'm just looking forward to rehearsals and beginning grad school applications.

I guess my prediction from earlier this week was right: this should be a great year.
xx

4 comments:

  1. You are my Heart! And today it was bursting, with pride, with love, with hope for you to fulfill all your dreams and ambitions!
    xoxo Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's such a wonderful achievement!

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that quote. i always get so inspired by it!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...