Thursday, August 1, 2013

Liebster-ing (Again!)

Last summer I got tagged to do this post by my online friend Camille. (By the way, Camille, I want to go to Australia almost purely to meet you in person, not to be creepy okay)

Going back and reading that post was kind of hilarious, not sure why. I think I was posting on here at the time for the wrong reasons. A lot changes in a year!

Anyway. Emma tagged me to do it again and I can't resist because she seems so sweet and she always give me such kind feedback, which ya know, is really nice.
I'm not going to give you random facts about myself because I couldn't even think of that many right now and I already linked to the other post...the only things that have really changed are that I cut my hair and got a new camera (Nikon D5100)!

Here are Emma's questions, and my answers:


1. What is your favorite book? I can't pick one, are you nuts! Right now my favorites are "A Thousand Splendid Suns", "The Kite Runner", "The Time Travelers Wife", "The Piano Teacher", "The Glass Castle", "The Road", "The Red Tent", "Wicked", and "The Thirteenth Tale". I keep a running list and I re-read them constantly.
2. If you could go back in time to one day of your life, when would it be and why? Even though I've had some amazing times and opportunities this year, one day that sticks out was the day that John and I celebrated one year together. I know it's cheesy but it was a perfectly simple day; John surprised me with a cake, we went out for lunch, watched an old movie, and napped. Ha.
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do? Get married, pay for grad school, consider buying a bass clarinet just for funsies? I'd save most of it for after school when I'm even more poor though ;)
4. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Oh god can I say neither? HOW COULD YOU CHOOSE, they're both terrible let's be honest.
5. What is your biggest goal in life? Get a job with clarinet.
6. Favorite quote? I have two: 
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?" -Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and Mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery." -Cormac McCarthy, The Road

7. If you could meet one person alive or dead who would it be? Probably Emma Watson because she is a perfect human.
8. What is love? To me, love is being best friends. Wanting to spend all of your time with someone. Having no secrets. And wanting to share all experiences, good and bad, with them. (wow should I write Hallmark cards or what)
9. What are you the most afraid of? Being the last of my loved ones to die...I know that morbid and selfish but I don't think I could stand it.
10. What is your favorite smell? The way my dad smells when he hugs me after he's taken a shower. Like soap!
11. Why do you blog? It's fun. And I have a lot on my mind all the time, so this blog makes me focus on the positive things that are going on. I try to be very honest about things that are happening in my life without getting too open, but for the most part I like keeping it positive (since in real life I'm a complete cynic)

Some questions for Nataly, Deana and Andra, and Camille (if you want to play along again?):
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. Do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
5. Do you have a favorite lipstick? (if so, what is it?)
6. Where are you from?
7. Where are you going?
8. If you could be anything, what would you be?
9. What's your guilty pleasure?
10. Why is it so hard to think of 11 questions for people?
11. Tell me something, because I can't think of another question!

Well that was self-indulgent. Oh well! Until next time, party people.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely answers :) I love your list of books! Those are all awesome choices.

    Also your 1 year anniversary sounds beyond perfect. Mmm love.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emma! You're my book soulmate <3 and I read through my lobster thing as well the other day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...