Monday, May 13, 2013

Our Weekend

 We went on a date, then I went to a recital Friday evening and to Dr. Kowalsky's retirement party on Saturday.
Dr. Kowalsky made a truly profound influence on my life. He changed my clarinet playing so much in the three years I've known him that I am now a transformed player (from how I was when I entered college). Not to mention how kind and patient he is, I don't know how he does it. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude, but I plan to keep in touch with him as best and for as long as I can. He will be missed so much, and not just by me, but by everyone at FSU.

And then, Sunday was Mother's Day.
I posted that first picture of my Momma and I (possibly taken at my first birthday party? we're not sure) on Facebook and Instagram and what have you, but I have to document it here for safe keeping. There will never ever be enough words to tell you how much I love you, Momma. You are the absolute best, the cream of the crop, and I wouldn't be who I am today without you. So thank you. And I'm sorry I couldn't be with you on Mother's Day but I love you, Momma, to the moon and back, and all the stars in the sky.

I guess this weekend was all about amazing people, eh?

I hope everyone out there had a lovely weekend. And if you're starting summer session, that sucks, but hey maybe you'll learn something! ;)
xx

2 comments:

  1. Was that Steak and Shake in the first photo? Looks yummy! And that photo of you and your mom is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...