Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thoughts on Becoming a Senior in College

As of Wednesday, I will be done with my last final of my junior year at Florida State. On Saturday, the class of 2013 graduates. And then I'll be a senior in college.

What the what? How did that happen?!

The years have simply flown by. Relationships have come and gone, but the ones that have survived are, I feel, so strong. The friends I have now are some really great friends. I met a lot of people this year and I made a lot of new friends, somehow, despite my naturally pessimistic and sarcastic disposition. But these friends don't seem to mind, and I like that.

And if there's anything I learned this year, it's that sometimes you just have to ignore what people are saying, or what they're not saying, or what you think they're saying, and just do what you do as best as you can do. Because your best is good enough. And people will say what they will, whether you like it or not, whether you expect them to or not, and there's nothing you can about it. Everybody has opinions, and everybody wants their opinions to be heard (and to be agreed with).

And doing the best I can in the moment is the most important thing to me.

I think I did a lot of that this year, my junior year. I played a solo recital. I maintained an above average gpa. I kept up with friendships, I overcame my hindrance of an illness. It was a process and I did it and I guess I'm proud, but mostly I'm looking towards the future. Towards traveling, towards new opportunities, towards auditioning for grad school. As the semester is winding down, that's what's on my mind. The future.

Here's to the future. Cheers, and happy end of the semester! Goodbye Junior year!
xx

1 comments:

  1. I love that photo! And this post is so timely because I just finished my freshman year of college. It feels strange. D: But it was definitely a great year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...