Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Adventures in Cooking

For some reason, I just really liked the idea of making John and I french toast this week. It's finals week, we don't have a lot of finals, we do have a lot of free time...it seemed like a nice, fun thing to do. And in my opinion, challah french toast is THE best kind of french toast. 
What you'll need:
Challah, aka egg bread (we used Publix brand, which is delicious, but I imagine homemade is probably even better) (or you could just as easily use any other type of bread)
Eggs
Milk
Toppings (syrup, jam, powdered sugar, etc.)

Wisk eggs and milk together with a fork.
Dip both sides of the bread in the eggs.
Cook in a skillet or some sort of flat pan until golden brown.
Flip the bread so both sides cook.
Enjoy!

We ended up with a lot of french toast, as you can see here, but we're enjoying the leftovers immensely. :)
AND! Tomorrow (Wednesday) we are going on a DATE. This never happens, so it goes without saying that I am making a big deal about it for no reason at all. Stay tuned.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! Seems delish to me! I will try this soon. Thank you for sharing your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...