Sunday, March 31, 2013

New York City Spring Break, Part III: The MoMA

One of the things that I loved about the museums in NYC was that you could take photos! So, naturally, I have about a million photos that only I care about. I picked out some of my favorite photos from our day at the Museum of Modern Art to document here.
 This was a video of an elephant playing dead and then struggling to get back to it's feet. Absolutely fantastic.
I LOVED the MoMA. My favorite sections were the sections of paintings. I have a thing for Andy Warhol and the like. I also loved the photography section. There were so many great series from the early 20th century...it makes you think, those people in the photos were alive and kicking at some point in history and they've been preserved here, in this museum, for us to see. It's kind of mind boggling, no?

Also: the MoMA has the raddest gift shop. I picked up a bunch of postcards of some famous paintings that I loved, to hang up on my wall next year (I'm not hanging them up in this apartment since I'll be moving out soon *sad face*) but there were so many awesome things to buy there, things that weren't even related to art (ha!). We spent nearly 4 hours in the museum and still didn't see everything, so it's kind of overwhelming, but absolutely worth it. I highly recommend. 
It will definitely get your mind churning...
You can see parts 1 and 2, here and here.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Aw!!!!! MOMA!!! I didn't get to go when I went and I regret it SO MUCH. Looks so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...