Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Valentine's Day, a DIY, + Happy Friday

We weren't going to go out on Valentine's Day, we were planning to just make dinner and ya know, eat it, but John had a leftover Christmas giftcard and we decided to use it! It turned out to be really nice, we only waited to get a table for 30 minutes, and even though poor boyfriend got really sick the night before we had a lovely time.

When we got back to my apartment, I had a nice surprise waiting for him. I made a heart garland and each heart (there were 21, since he's turning 21 on Monday) said something that I love about him. Cheesy as all get out, I know, but it really made him smile and how could you not love that smile? I also gave him one of his birthday presents a bit early, because why not. That made him smile too :)
Here's how I made the garland:
I wrote out what I love about him beforehand.
I cut out 21 hearts (not individually). I ended up having big hearts and then smaller hearts because I didn't get very specific when I was cutting.
Then I simply taped them to some ribbon (the same type of ribbon that I wrapped around this package below).
I've always loved Valentine's Day, even when I didn't have someone to share it with. Even though I make sure that John knows how much I love him everyday, it's nice to have a day laid out specifically for that. I know not everyone is into Valentine's Day, and that in fact a lot of people are not, but I can't help but think it's a nice gesture. That being said, going out to a nice dinner with the best guy on the planet is all I'll ever need, any day of the year.
(I love you, John)

And now I am preparing to go play the first of 3 concerts in the next 5 days AND my Momma is coming tomorrow! These next two weeks or so will be the busiest. Wish me luck.
Happy Weekend!
xx

1 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest idea ever. I agree that it's a nice holiday and people shouldn't be hating hehe good luck with your music and busyness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...