Friday, September 21, 2012

I Miss Colorado

 Mom & I on the drive up to the Continental Divide.
We didn't make it all the way up (I get really car-sick) but it was beautiful.
Emerald Lake in Estes Park.

I love it here, at FSU, with my friends and my love and the College of Music.
But these past few weeks, with the exception of a few good days, have been awful.
I feel like I'm being tested or something, I mean seriously,
as soon as I think it can't get worse, it does.
Side note: this is purely related to my health.  I am extremely happy otherwise.
Last night, after crying a lot (maybe more than once...or more than twice...),
I found myself really missing the week I spent in Colorado with my Momma this summer.
We went for a family event and then she and I stayed an extra four days or so 
to hike and enjoy the state, and honestly, 
it is the most beautiful.
The air is crisp and clean, 
it was a bit chilly even in May, 
there is wild life everywhere, 
and the people (specifically in Boulder) 
don't care what anyone thinks about them.

I wish I could escape from the stress of always being sick,
of there always being something wrong with me,
and go into those mountains again, 
just smell the air and sit in nature
and enjoy the life that I have.
Lately it's been difficult for me to do that last one and I kind of hate that.
So for now, I'll just day-dream about taking John there someday,
so he can see why I love and miss it so much.

Happy weekend, all.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...