Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My First Home-made Pie!

The other day, after kindly reminding my beautiful mother that we needed to pick up some Apple Pie before the 4th of July, it was decided that we (namely, me) would make said Apple Pie.  From scratch.  And so it began.

I'm not much of a baker or chef.  Although I do enjoy it (especially in the aftermath), it's just really time consuming and sometimes frustrating.  However, I currently have a ton of free time so baking pie makes sense, right?  Right.  So I made the crust the night before and then made the rest of the pie this afternoon.  It was a lot of fun!  But, warning: this pie is definitely not a healthy snack.  Just look at how much butter goes into the crust!  And then there's more in the topping!...





Pre-baking...
...and post-baking!
Smells like heaven.  
Needless to say, I am very proud of this endeavor.  And I can't wait to eat it tomorrow!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...